On Saturday, March 5, 2016, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m., the U.S. Embassy will hold a U.S. citizen town hall meeting and celebration for U.S. citizens and their families. Food and drinks will be available for purchase (bring Rwandan francs) starting at 4:00 p.m. from local restaurants. A town hall panel with Embassy officials, including consular, security, and health staff, will follow. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions. At sunset, we will show a family-friendly movie on our lawn.
All U.S. citizens and their non-U.S. citizen family members are welcome. Please be sure that at least one member of your family brings a U.S. passport to enter the Embassy.
The U.S. Embassy in Kigali is located at 2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie. For questions about this event, please contact the Consular Section at +250 (252) 596-400, extension 2606.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Rwanda.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Rwanda, located at 2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie, Kacyiru, Kigali, at +250 252-596-400, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Fridays, except U.S. federal holidays and Rwandan holidays. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +250 252-596-400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.