World Aids Day

On World AIDS Day:  Leadership, Commitment, Impact

Today, December 1, in celebration of World AIDS Day, I can say with confidence and pride that by working together we have the ability to end AIDS in Rwanda.  This last mile, however, is going to take even greater leadership, unwavering commitment, and our collective focus to ensure every dollar invested in the fight against HIV/AIDS has the greatest impact

The PMTCT strategy has helped prevent this child from contracting HIV. (Photo: PEPFAR Rwanda)

Impact Story: PEPFAR PMTCT Case Study

Jacqueline is an HIV-positive Rwandan woman who is married with three children – all HIV free. However, this is not Jacqueline’s first family.  When she was still in secondary school, she married and gave birth to two children.  After a few years, both children died, followed by their father.  Jacqueline was devastated to have lost her entire family and never knew

Great Seal of the United States

10 Years of PEPFAR in Rwanda

PEPFAR Success Story RWANDA NATIONAL CENTER FOR BLOOD TRANSFUSION (NCBT) The United States Government (USG) through PEPFAR’ HSS/CDC funding has transformed the National Center for Blood Transfusion (NCBT) by enhancing and expanding capacity as a core activity in HIV prevention. After the 1994 genocide and prior to 2005, without a national blood policy and guidelines, Rwanda experienced perennial blood shortages,

Great Seal of the United States

The Assurance of Insurance: Community-based Health Insurance Saves Lives in Rwanda

Eugénie is a widow and farmer living in the southern province of Rwanda, who struggles to provide for her three children. For many years, Eugénie suffered from a renal tumor. Although she had community-based health insurance (CBHI) that covered 90 percent of her medical fees, Eugénie was unable to pay the remaining 10 percent, and her health deteriorated. Initiated by

Show More ∨