The U.S. Embassy will host its annual Independence Day celebration for U.S. citizens and their families living in Rwanda on Saturday, July 9, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the U.S. Embassy in Kigali. This year’s event will feature a free performance by the U.S. Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) Jazz Band. Food and soft drinks from local vendors will be available for purchase. Please be sure that at least one member of your family brings a U.S. passport to enter the Embassy. Parking will be limited, so we encourage carpooling.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Rwanda.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Rwanda, located at 2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie, Kacyiru, Kigali, at +250 252-596-400, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Fridays, except U.S. federal holidays and Rwandan holidays. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +250 252-596-400.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.