Verify that you belong to the target group for which the vacancy is open. Only applicants who meet the “OPEN TO” criteria will receive consideration.
“All interested candidates”
The vacancy announcement is open to any interested applicant.
“U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies”
The vacancy announcement is open only to Eligible Family Members (EFMs) who meets the following criteria:
- U.S. Citizen; and,
- Spouse or unmarried child of least 18 years old; and,Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority and either:
- Resides at the sponsoring employee’s or uniformed service member’s post of assignment abroad (Colombia); or
- Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
“Current employees of the mission, USEFMs, EFMs and MOH – All Agencies”
The vacancy announcement is open only to:
- Current employees of the mission: Any local employee of the U.S. Embassy Kigali currently hired under a personnel service agreement (PSA) or a direct hire appointment.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) as defined above.
- Eligible Family Members (EFMs): An individual related to a US Government (USG) employee in one of the following ways (Note: the USG employee must be officially assigned to Rwanda): Spouse; Child, who is unmarried and under 21 years of age or, regardless of age, is incapable of self-support. The term shall include, in addition to natural offspring, stepchildren and adopted children and those under legal guardianship of the employee or the spouse when such children are expected to be under such legal guardianship until they reach 21 years of age and when dependent upon and normally residing with the guardian; Parent (including stepparents and legally adoptive parents) of the employee or of the spouse, when such parent is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support; Sister or brother (including stepsisters and stepbrothers, or adoptive sisters or brothers) of the employee, or of the spouse, when such sibling is at least 51 percent dependent on the employee for support, unmarried, and under 21 years of age, or regardless of age, incapable of self-support.
- Member of Household (MOH) – An individual who accompanies a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member permanently assigned or stationed in Rwanda. A MOH is: Not an EFM; and, Not on the travel orders of the sponsoring employee; and, Has been officially declared by the sponsoring U.S. Government employee to the Chief of Mission (COM) as part of his/her household.
A MOH is under COM authority and may include a parent, unmarried partner, other relative or adult child who falls outside the Department’s current legal and statutory definition of family member. A MOH does not have to be a U.S. Citizen.
Note: The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) may limit the applicant’s pool by nationalities:
- Open To: All Rwandan Citizens
- Open To: All U.S. Citizens
In above cases, only applicants of stated nationalities are eligible for consideration.