The Government of Rwanda has announced a suspension of all arriving and departing air travel starting at midnight on Friday, March 20, 2020, for an initial period of 30 days. The U.S. Embassy in Rwanda will provide more information as it becomes available from the Government of Rwanda.
The Department of State has no higher priority than the safety and security of U.S. citizens overseas. The Department is considering all options to assist U.S. citizens in countries that have announced suspension of air travel.
On March 14, the Department of State issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. We are continuously assessing travel conditions in all areas affected by COVID-19, and will continue to update our travel advisories and safety information for U.S. travelers as situations evolve.
U.S. citizens in Rwanda should:
• Monitor the Embassy’s website for the most up-to-date information at https://rw.usembassy.gov.
• Enroll in STEP at http://STEP.state.gov to receive the latest updates from the Embassy.
• Follow the advice of the CDC and local health authorities that you can find at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
• Monitor the Department of State’s COVID-19 website at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html.
• Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.