Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (March 25, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Airlines with Upcoming Departures from Kigali – Wednesday, March 25
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Embassy Kigali is aware of only two airlines continuing operations at the airport in Kigali, Qatar Airways and KLM. Qatar Airways announced a flight departing from Kigali to Doha with a connection to New York City on Wednesday, March 25 at 16:05. Please continue to check back to the website, as prices and availability are changing. Currently the Qatar Airways office is closed so we recommend working with a travel agent to book travel. Travel agencies that remain open in Kigali include: SatGuru (+250 0782 896 344 or +250 0783 166 938) or Alpine Travel (+250-0789786 802 or +250 0784 833 266). For KLM, the Kigali office is open, please call 0788300846 OR 0788389014 to discuss your options.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.