Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (March 25, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Americans Still Planning to Depart? – Wednesday, March 25
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. The Government of Rwanda suspended flights arriving in and departing from Kigali starting on March 20. At this point, we know of no additional commercial flights scheduled to depart Rwanda. We will send updates if additional flights become available. If you are a U.S. citizen in Rwanda who would like to depart for the United States as soon as possible, please emailConsularKigali@state.gov as soon as possible. Include the full name, nationality, passport number, phone number, and email address for all members of your party.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.