Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (May 12, 2020)
Event: Hospitality Establishments Must Register Customers
On May 11, the Rwanda Development Board announced that all hospitality establishments, including restaurants, coffee shops, and hotels, must register customers who visit the premises to facilitate the tracking of COVID-19 cases. These establishments must collect the full names, telephone numbers, time of visit, and district of residence from all customers.
If you experience the symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who is a confirmed case or is being evaluated for COVID-19, call 114, email email@example.com, or WhatsApp +250-788-20-20-80, or contact your nearest health care facility.
The Embassy is closed for routine consular services. If you require emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and passport renewals, please email ConsularKigali@state.gov or call (250) 252 596 400.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Note: This information will continue to be sent regularly for the benefit of new registrants in STEP. We will be sure to highlight any new information from previous emails.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 website for information on conditions in Rwanda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.