Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (June 30, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Flight Departing Kigali with Connections to the U.S. on July 7
The U.S. Embassy has learned of a possible flight departing Kigali for Addis Ababa with connections to the United States on Tuesday, July 7. If you are interested in booking travel on this flight, please contact SatGuru at +250-788-528-347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under limited circumstances, the Department of State may offer loans to destitute American citizens to facilitate repatriation. If you feel you might qualify for such a loan, please email ConsularKigali@state.gov. Please note that this loan will require repayment.
On June 29, the Rwandan Ministry of Health announced a total of 1,001 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Rwanda.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the
CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone
being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.