Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (July 13, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Flight Departing Kigali for Addis Ababa on July 18
The Embassy has learned that Ethiopian Airlines will operate a flight from Kigali to Addis Ababa with connections to the United States on July 18. If you are interested in booking travel on this flight, please contact SatGuru at +250-788-528-347 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under limited circumstances, the Department of State may offer loans to destitute American citizens to facilitate repatriation. If you feel you might qualify for such a loan, please email ConsularKigali@state.gov. Please note that this loan will require repayment.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see
the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone
being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.