Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (July 2, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Rwanda Biomedical Centre to Begin Street Testing Survey in Kigali
On July 2, the Rwanda Biomedical Centre will begin a COVID-19 street testing survey in Kigali and at the entry points to Kigali. In this testing, people will be randomly selected for testing and escorted to a drive-through testing facility.
On July 1, the Rwandan Ministry of Health announced a total of 1,042 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Rwanda.
On June 30, the Government of Rwanda announced that movements to and from Rubavu district may resume. Rusizi and parts of Kigali remain locked down.
Tickets are available for the flight departing Kigali for Addis Ababa with connections to the United States on Tuesday, July 7. If you are interested in booking travel on this flight, please contact SatGuru at +250-788-528-347 or email@example.com.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
· Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.