Last updated: 10/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Rwanda? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes for rapid antigen tests
- U.S. citizens should consult the Rwanda Biomedical Center’s (RBC) for information about all testing requirements, to include arrival and departure. Their website is here.
- RBC offers rapid antigen testing without appointment at dozens of accredited private hospitals/clinics throughout Rwanda. Rapid antigen tests cost approximately $5 (RWF 5,000). A complete list of accredited private clinics offering this service is found here. Rapid antigen test results are available shortly after the sample is taken and are delivered in person and/or via text message.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Rwanda approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Rwanda for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- U.S. citizens should refer to the Rwanda Biomedical Center’s (RBC) website here for locations of vaccination sites across Rwanda.
- Which vaccines are available in Rwanda? Rwanda has several WHO-approved vaccines.
- Rwandan citizens and residents must be fully vaccinated in order to access public places (including public transport).
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Additional information about COVID-19 in Rwanda can be found at the Rwanda Biomedical Center’s
- Contact Information for RBC:
- Toll free number: 114
- RBC Medical Team on Duty at Airport 24/7: +250-78-141-5724
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Other links: