Location: Land Borders between Uganda and Rwanda
Event: As a result of the outbreak of Sudan Ebolavirus (SUDV) in Western Uganda, U.S. citizens should be prepared for robust health screenings via land borders, as well as the possibility for lengthy quarantine upon return to Rwanda. Should you have a fever, display other symptoms of SUDV, or have recent travel to affected regions in Western Uganda, you may be required to quarantine for up to 21 days upon arrival to Rwanda.
The U.S. Embassy in Kigali currently prohibits official U.S. Government travel and encourages official U.S. Government employees to reconsider personal travel to the region.
There are no reported cases of SUDV in Rwanda.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor U.S. Embassy Kampala, Uganda’s public messaging regarding the outbreak of SUDV in Uganda here: https://ug.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
- Review the U.S. CDC’s Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Uganda: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/watch/ebola-in-uganda.
- Find more information about Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/
- Have a plan in place in the event that you are required to quarantine upon arrival to Rwanda.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
- State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Rwanda Country Specific Information
No longer wish to receive alerts from U.S. Embassy Kigali? Please follow the instructions here to unsubscribe.