Event:On June 12, the Ugandan Ministry of Health announced three confirmed cases of Ebola in the Kasese District of western Uganda. This is the first time that cases associated with the current outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), which began in August 2018, have been identified outside the DRC. There are no confirmed cases of Ebola in Rwanda.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the CDC Travel Notice on Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo, which has information on this outbreak.
- Visit the CDC Travelers’ Health Page for the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which includes information on Ebola.
- Review the Rwanda country page for general health information.
- Continue to take malaria prophylaxis as recommended, as the symptoms of malaria can mimic symptoms of Ebola, leading to preventable health scares.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
To unsubscribe from U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for Rwanda, click here.