Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (April 8, 2020)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Flight Time Change – Ethiopian Airlines Flight on Friday, April 10 at 12:50
Ethiopian Airlines has announced a flight departing on Friday, April 10 at 12:50 from Kigali to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Bole International Airport/ADD) with a connection to Washington, D.C. (Dulles International Airport/IAD). Please discuss connections from Dulles to other locations in the U.S. with the airline. You may also explore booking separate domestic travel to your final destination as this may be more affordable.
If you are interested in purchasing tickets for this flight, please contact the airline as soon as possible.
· To request a reservation from Kigali, please call +250-788-751-585 or +250-788-220-220, or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments may be made in person at Ethiopian Airlines office in Kiyovu (UTC Building, office no.25) or through bank transfer or by credit card.
· From outside of Kigali, please contact the manager, Mr. Roshan, at email@example.com or by phone at (250)788-220-220 for possible special arrangements. It is not possible to book this flight through the Ethiopian Airlines website.
The price estimate for the Kigali-Dulles (IAD) flight is approximately $3100 per person, as set by the airline.
If you wish to return to the United States or think you may want to return to the U.S. soon, the Embassy strongly urges you to purchase tickets for this flight. Options for departing for the United States in the future may not exist. There is no guarantee that additional flights will be available, that the U.S. government will be able to arrange evacuations or charter flights, or that the Kigali International Airport will resume normal operations after the 30 day closure. Additionally, evacuation or charter flights are not free-of-charge and are frequently more expensive than currently available commercial travel.
Under limited circumstances, the Department of State may offer loans to destitute American citizens to facilitate repatriation. If you feel you might qualify for such a loan, please email ConsularKigali@state.gov. Please note that this loan will require repayment, and loan recipients will not be allowed to renew their passport until the loan is repaid.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States .
. Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.