Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda (March 26, 2020)
Event: Americans Seeking to Return to the United States
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. We recognize this has been a challenging period for many Americans, particularly those of you seeking to return to the United States after the suspension of flights both arriving in and departing from Rwanda.
At this moment, we know of no upcoming commercial flights. The U.S. Embassy is continuing to work with commercial airlines to facilitate an additional flight. Please let us know now if you are interesting in commercial travel back to the United States.
Please send an email to ConsularKigali@state.gov with the subject line “American Citizen Information.” Please include the following information for each member of your group:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
We will contact you via STEP with information about any upcoming flights and will post this information on our website and Facebook page.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Rwanda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.