Message for U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Event: Resumption of Notarial Services at the U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Embassy will resume limited appointments for notarial services beginning on Monday, September 21.
Appointment capacity will be limited due to space constraints during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we cannot guarantee that you will receive your preferred appointment date and time. To schedule an appointment, please follow the instructions on our website.
If you do not have an urgent need for this service, we ask that you wait until later in the year to schedule an appointment.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to monitor the health situation in Rwanda and will cancel your appointment should we determine that it is no longer safe for applicants or our staff to continue providing these services.
The Department of State has issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for Rwanda.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Rwanda advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Rwanda.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy COVID-19 website for information on conditions in Rwanda.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Call 114 or contact your nearest health facility if you have had close contact with a confirmed case or someone being evaluated for COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
2657 Avenue de la Gendarmerie (Kacyiru)
(250) 252 596 400
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Rwanda Country Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Rwanda.html
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.