Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Discourages Travel to Kinigi and Nyange Sectors until May 31
Location: Kinigi and Nyange Sectors, Musanze District, Northern Province, Rwanda
In light of recent attacks on May 23, 2022 in Kinigi and Nyange Sectors in the Northern Province of Rwanda, the U.S. Embassy restricted official travel to the two sectors and discouraged personal travel by official Embassy personnel until May 31, 2022 to allow for a thorough assessment of the security situation. Should this date be extended, the Embassy will notify the American community in Rwanda through subsequent messages.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media outlets for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Exercise increased caution in the Kinigi and Nyange Sectors.
- Contact the Embassy at ACSKigali@state.gov if you require further assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Kigali, Rwanda
30 KG 7 Avenue (Kacyiru)
- State Department Bureau of Consular Affairs